[announce-en] Open-Xchange Newsflash Week 23

Christian Egle ce at open-xchange.com
Wed Jun 7 17:01:44 CEST 2006

Dear Open-Xchange Users,

Open-Xchange Inc. announced today that its leading open source collaboration
server, Open-Xchange, has been awarded the ServerWatch Product Excellence
Award in the Messaging and Collaboration Server category.

Server Watch published the following comments. "Messaging and real-time
communications are closely related categories, so we weren't surprised to see
an open source product come out on top here, as well. Open-Xchange, a
messaging and collaboration suite available under the GPL, finished well
ahead of IBM Lotus Domino and Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. Domino and
Exchange — which arguably dominate the market — were far from dominant in our
voting, each capturing only about 9 percent of the vote", explains
ServerWatch in their laudation. "ServerWatch readers instead cast their votes
for the well-traveled free and open source software (FOSS) project that's
based on Postfix, OpenLDAP, Apache, Cyrus, IMAP, Tomcat, and PostgreSQL."

Read the full review on Open-Xchange Server at
http://www.serverwatch.com/sreviews/article.php/3603776

"Open-Xchange is thankful to the readers of Server Watch for this award," said
Dan Kusnetzky, Executive Vice President, Open-Xchange Inc. "It's an honor for
us to see our efforts to create an environment that supports Smart
Collaboration rewarded in this fashion. We share the credit with the open
source community and our customers for their continued support. Open-Xchange
Inc. is committed to delivering the most feature rich, cost effective, open
source collaboration platform."

Earlier this year, Open-Xchange Server has been awarded the LinuxWorld Product
Excellence Award in the "Best Open Source Solution" category and named a
finalist in eWEEK's Sixth Annual Excellence Awards program, in the Email
Management & Security category, reflecting the the fast growing popularity
and market acceptance of the leading open source collaboration solution.

If you like to get additional information, please contact us at
http://www.open-xchange.com/EN/contact/customer_contact.html

With best regards,

Your Open-Xchange Team