[announce-en] Open-Xchange Newsletter Week 51

Christian Egle christian.egle at open-xchange.com
Fri Dec 21 11:09:02 CET 2007

Dear Friends and Users of Open-Xchange,

A very warm welcome to the last Open-Xchange Newsletter in 2007.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your interest and support
of Open-Xchange in the last twelve month. Due to your passion,
Open-Xchange made OX 5 ASE, OX Express Edition and OX Hosting
Edition the leading Linux based collaboration solution worldwide.
More than 3,500 small and medium-sized enterprises, academic
institutions and government authorities are using Open-Xchange
solutions.

Now, Open-Xchange joined forces with Nexthaus – the SyncML
technology unit of Hostopia.com Inc. – to enable the synchronization
of contacts, calendars and tasks for Open-Xchange Server 5 with
BlackBerry devices. Together with Nexthaus's SyncJe for Blackberry,
Open-Xchange customers will be able to wirelessly synchronize data
from their Blackberry devices via the Open-Xchange Server 5.
SyncJe for Blackberry is an application that installs directly onto
Blackberry devices, enabling centrally stored Personal Information
Management (PIM) data to be exchanged, wirelessly, between
Blackberry devices and Open-Xchange Server 5.
For more information, please visit http://tinyurl.com/2plhhr

In January 2008 Open-Xchange plans to deliver additional
features for Open-Xchange Server 5 (OX 5) with the release
of Service Pack 4. OX5 will continue to receive bug fixes and
minor updates, that will result in the formation of another
Service Pack for OX5 later in 2008.

Simultaneously, Open-Xchange will focus on the production
of OX5's successor, Open-Xchange Server 6, Advanced Server
Edition (OX 6). OX6 will contain the latest technologies and
support the most current operating systems. For example
with the implementation of OSGI OX6's integration capabilities
will be greatly extended and we will also provide support for
both Web User Interfaces as well as rich clients. OX6 customers
will greatly benefit from our experience in delivering products
to hundreds of thousands of users. OX6 will leverage technologies
from our highly scalable Open-Xchange Hosted Edition used
by the largest hosting organizations in the world as well as
Open-Xchange Express Edition “single stack” solution.
OX6 will inherit the highly efficient, and the easy to use,
AJAX interface that contains functionality normally only
found in rich client interfaces. It will bring comprehensive
end user capabilities and the confidence that comes with
“market tested” products to the Open-Xchange Advanced
Server Edition 6 release. For further detail of Open-Xchange's
technical roadmap, please visit http://tinyurl.com/2mcuud