[announce-en] Open-Xchange Newsflash Week 9

Christian Egle ce at open-xchange.com
Tue Feb 27 10:23:12 CET 2007

Dear Open-Xchange Users,

Today, 1&1 Internet, the world's largest web hosting company, starts offering
a range of hosted email and collaboration packages based upon the next
generation of Open-Xchange's award winning Smart Collaboration technology
called 1&1 MailXchange. This service is available as of tomorrow first in
Germany, and subsequently in the US, UK and France.

The new technology includes an AJAX user interface and was re-architected for
multi-tenant capability and is scalable into the millions of simultaneous
users. 1&1 MailXchange addresses the low end of the market, primarily the
needs of freelancers and SOHOs, which cannot afford or do not have the skills
to install and run a groupware solution in-house. For 1&1 MailXchange,
customers will pay a monthly fee per user to 1&1 Internet. For large, more
demanding customers, Open-Xchange Server 5 remains the recommended solution.

The launch of the 1&1 project releases Open-Xchange from 'stealth mode'
regarding our future product roadmap. In this regard, Open-Xchange is also
open sourcing the source code of the 1&1 MailXchange project, which will be
the basis for the next generation of Open-Xchange products. We welcome user
involvement in the development / definition of our new product generation.
Details regarding the joint project will be provided over the next few weeks
on our completely new web presence www. open-xchange.com.

Best Regards,

Your
Open-Xchange Team