[announce-en] Open-Xchange Newsflash Week 22

Christian Egle ce at open-xchange.com
Tue May 29 18:43:22 CEST 2007

Dear friends of Open-Xchange,

Open-Xchange today announced a comprehensive feature update for Open-Xchange
Server 5. The upgrade adds more than 50 usability improvements to the
Linux-based collaboration suite.

Open-Xchange Server 5 provides customers with key messaging functions such as
email, calendaring, contacts and task management that are fully integrated
with advanced groupware features such as document sharing, project tracking,
user forums, and a knowledge base. Service Pack 3 for Open-Xchange Server 5
offers major productivity improvements through performance enhancements and
through supporting the latest Application Server of Red Hat Linux Enterprise
Server 4.

"The current release of Open-Xchange Server 5 has been helping organizations
collaborate and be more productive for the last two years," said Gerald
Labie, CEO Open-Xchange. "We've worked with our customers and partners to
identify and deliver improvements to our current feature set and deliver
completely new capabilities enhancing the overall value of our solution."

Upgrades include:
++++++++++++
- Optimized SQL queries, providing customers with large number of users with
significant performance improvements
- Optimized synchronization with smart phones and Palm devices
- Enhanced usability for Microsoft Outlook, enhanced support of global
 address book, and user modifications within Microsoft Outlook vacation
 notice, filter rules, password, etc.
- Extended search capabilities and functionality
- Support for RedHat Application Server 2, providing customers with a fully
supported and maintained Red Hat solution stack

For all customers with valid maintenance subscription, Service Pack 3 is
available in the Open-Xchange Maintenance Portal
http://portal.open-xchange.com/

Moreover, Open-Xchange Server 5 with Service Pack 3 is now available for
evaluation. The Open-Xchange Server 5 evaluation package includes an
installation tool, graphical administration module and installation guide for
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 environments.
Open-Xchange Server 5 evaluation package is for testing and evaluation, not
full production. Reach out and register for a free, 30-day trial at
http://www.open-xchange.com/EN/footer/downloads/openxchange_server_5/download.html

Best Regards,

Your
Open-Xchange Team