[announce-en] Open-Xchange Newsletter

Egle, Christian christian.egle at open-xchange.com
Wed Jun 3 14:49:44 CEST 2009

Dear Friends and Users of Open-Xchange,

Welcome to the Open-Xchange Newsletter. This month´s news at a glance:

1. Open-Xchange supports Internet Explorer 8, discontinues
support for Internet Explorer 6
2. Open-Xchange Preview
3. Swiss federal administrative court stops Microsoft deal

1. Open-Xchange supports Internet Explorer 8, discontinues
support for Internet Explorer 6

Open-Xchange has added support for the latest Microsoft Internet
Explorer 8. At the same time, we will discontinue our support of the
outdated Internet Explorer 6, though we will continue to fix bugs in
the category "blockers" and "critical" for Internet Explorer 6 until
April 30, 2010. Starting with the next major release, version 6.10,
new features of Open-Xchange Server will only be optimized for Internet
Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8 -- as well as other browsers, like
Firefox and Safari. As users of Internet Explorer 6 will not benefit
from new features in Open-Xchange, we encourage you to update to the
latest browser technology.

2. Open-Xchange Preview

Open-Xchange uses Agile software development to integrate new
functionality quickly and with high quality to its e-mail and
groupware solution. Enhancements will be added to a developer
version ("unstable"), which then matures through an intensive
quality assurance process, and is finally released for use as
stable software. Now, we give you access to the latest developer
version, and show you in advance all the new features you can
expect with the next software release. These are the highlights
of Open-Xchange 6.10, which is planned to be released at the
end of June 2009.
http://www.open-xchange.com/en/products/open-xchange-appliance-edition-en/online-demo

3. Swiss federal administrative court stops Microsoft deal

After the appeal of 18 open source companies, among them RedHat
and Open-Xchange, the Swiss federal administrative court stopped
the contract of the Buildings and Logistics administration awarded
to Microsoft, with a total value of about $39m.
http://www.open-xchange.com/en/node/801/

We hope you find this information useful and look forward to
your feedback. To get the latest information on Open-Xchange,
follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/openexchange

With kind regards,

Your Open-Xchange Team
mailto:info at open-xchange.com

--
Open-Xchange AG,Maxfeldstr. 9,90409 Nürnberg, Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt

European Office: Open-Xchange GmbH, Martinstr. 41, D-57462 Olpe, Germany
Amtsgericht Siegen, HRB 8718, Geschäftsführer: Frank Hoberg, Martin Kauss

US Office: Open-Xchange, Inc., 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York 10591