[appsuite-announce] Open-Xchange releases OX App Suite v7.10.2, OX Documents v7.10.2 and OX Guard v2.10.2
Open-Xchange App Suite Maintenance Announcements
appsuite-announce at open-xchange.com
Wed May 15 14:19:48 CEST 2019
Dear Open-Xchange Customers and Partners,
Open-Xchange is pleased to announce the release of OX App Suite v7.10.2, OX Documents v7.10.2 and OX Guard v2.10.2.
As always, Open-Xchange has worked hard to improve the usability and functionality of its products, and this release is no exception. In addition to new features and functionality this release also includes usability updates based on ongoing usability testing.
OX App Suite v7.10.2
OX App Suite is a modular platform designed for Telco’s, Hosters, and other Service Providers and delivers a wide range of cloud-based services. These include email, file sharing, collaborative document editing, document management, time management, cloud storage and metrics for monitoring end-user behavior. Enhancements to the OX App Suite platform in this release include:
- Next Generation Calendar Improvements
Organizers can now specify if participants can change an appointment or not. Additionally, the organizer role can be moved/reallocated to other participants. It is now also possible to download multiple attachments from appointments. Users now also have a new option that lets them define which shared, or public, calendars are to be synced with CalDAV to other devices.
- Edit Documents in New Browser Tabs
To allow simultaneous document editing, and multitasking, documents are now edited in a separate browser tab. The different browser tabs can now easily be arranged so that they can be viewed side by side. This makes editing an email and/or different documents together much easier.
- Multi Factor Authentication
With this new release Open-Xchange introduces a new multi-factor authentication framework. This provides an additional method of verifying a user’s authenticity. The ability to request additional authentication, such as SMS messaging, Yubikey security devices, or mobile authenticator applications, can be configured by the customer.
- Additional File Handling Support
OX Drive now supports the display of additional Exif data of photos. In addition OX Drive always keeps track of all file versions. Users can always view, download, delete or revert to a prior version of a file at any time. In this version it is now possible to delete all previous versions of a file, in one step. Finally, with this version, administrators can configure how many file versions should be saved as well as their maximum age.
- Background Uploading of Attachments
Open-Xchange has modified the behavior for attaching attachments to an email. Now, as soon as you attach an attachment the upload process starts in the background. The user can see the progress of the upload of each attachment with a small gauge on each attachment. This optimizes the user experience. A very useful side effect of this is that once uploaded the user can see a preview of the attachment.
- Security - Virus Scanning of Files
Open-Xchange improves the security for end users by enabling OX App Suite to perform a virus scan on a file before it is downloaded. Now, if enabled, when a user selects to download a file OX App Suite with scan the document file for viruses. If the scan is successful, and there are no viruses, the download will start.
OX Documents v7.10.2
For service providers looking to attract customers, OX Documents is the perfect hook. Fully integrated into OX App Suite, OX Documents now includes the following new features:
- New Alignment Guides in OX Presentation
With the new alignment guides in OX Presentation it is now easier to create more professional looking presentations. The new guides help to place objects on slides more precisely and with better alignment.
- Check Spelling in a Different Language
OX Text can check spelling in different languages. Now if a document contains texts in different languages, other than the one that is normally used, there is now an easy way to change the spelling language via a context menu.
- Color Toolbar Icons Show Last Used Color
The toolbar icons to change the color of text, cells, borders, etc. has been updated. The toolbar icon now shows the last used color and not the color of the cursor selection. With this change, the user can easily apply the same color without having to use the dropdown.
- Preview Improvements
Office documents are now pre-converted to a PDF format automatically on upload. This means that viewing a document is now even faster, because the conversion to PDF is already done. Additionally, office documents sent as email attachments are also pre-converted to PDF. This allows for the faster viewing of attachments.
OX Guard v2.10.2 for OX App Suite v7.10.2
With this new release, Open-Xchange integrates OX Guard even more closely with OX App Suite, particularly when composing and reading emails.
What’s New in General and Feature Overviews
Open-Xchange now provides more detailed overviews and Feature Overview documents relating to new product releases. These can be found at
General Information – Please Note
- Open-Xchange encourages administrators to regularly update to the latest available release. To ensure a stable and up to date environment please note the different versions supported. An overview of the latest supported Major, Minor and Public Patch Releases can be found in the Knowledgebase at: https://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=AppSuite:Version_Support_Committment
- We would like to remind you that support for the following products are already discontinued from the 31st. March 2019. Open-Xchange Server 6, OX Hosting Edition, OX Server Edition, OX Mobile Web Interface and OX Notifier. Please note: Open-Xchange Server 6 packages will still be available on our software repositories and will work with the middleware version v7.8.4. but we will not provide any support and maintenance activities. Of course, Open-Xchange is going to keep the Open Source software of those products available to the public.
- We would like to remind you, up until now Open-Xchange has provided support for installations of OX App Suite 7.10.x on Debian Jessie. OX App Suite v7.10.x requires OpenJDK 8; OpenJDK 8 is a backport on Debian Jessie and Debian Jessie is currently in LTS (Long Term Support). As already communicated, we have found out that the support for this backport in Debian Jessie has now been discontinued. This means that Debian Jessie no longer supports the required OpenJDK 8. Due to the above situation we regrettably have to inform you that support of OX App Suite v7.10.x and any future version on Debian Jessie was discontinued from the 2019-03-31. Open-Xchange encourages administrators to regularly update to the latest available platform releases. To ensure a stable and up to date environment please note the different versions supported. An overview of the latest supported platform release can be found in the OXpedia at: https://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=AppSuite:OX_System_Requirements#Linux_Distributions
- As a result of customer feedback, Open-Xchange will extend the active support commitment for OX App Suite v7.8.4 until 2019-12-31. Open-Xchange wants to allow extended upgrade time to OX App Suite v7.10.x for its customers. Please note, after 2019-12-31, Open-Xchange won't provide any new patches for OX App Suite v7.8.4 version.
Shipped packages and versions
- Open-Xchange App Suite Middleware 7.10.2-rev4
- Open-Xchange AppSuite Frontend 7.10.2-rev3
- Open-Xchange Office 7.10.2-rev3
- Open-Xchange Office-web 7.10.2-rev3
- Open-Xchange Readerengine 7.10.2-rev1
- Open-Xchange Documentconverter 7.10.2-rev4
- Open-Xchange Documentconverter API 7.10.2-rev2
- Open-Xchange Imageconverter 7.10.2-rev3
- Open-Xchange PDF Tool 7.10.2-rev1
- Open-Xchange USM 7.10.2-rev2
- Open-Xchange EAS 7.10.2-rev2
- Open-Xchange Drive Restricted 1.0.0-rev1
- Open-Xchange Hazelcast Enterprise 7.10.2-rev2
- Open-Xchange Guard v2.10.2-rev3
- Open-Xchange Mobile API Facade 1.6.0-rev1
- Open-Xchange Mobile API Facade Restricted 2.0.0-rev1
Complete Release Notes
- Open-Xchange App Suite v7.10.2:
- Open-Xchange Guard v2.10.2 for OX App Suite v7.10.2:
- Open-Xchange Mobile API Facade for OX App Suite v7.10.2:
Download and Installation
For details of how to install and update OX App Suite, please refer to the instructions provided at:
For details of how to install and update OX Documents, please refer to the instructions provided at:
For details of how to install and update OX Guard, please refer to the instructions provided at:
For details of how to install and update OX Mobile API Facade, please refer to the instructions provided at: https://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=AppSuite:Mobile_API_Facade
Your Open-Xchange Team
Open-Xchange AG, Hohenzollernring 72, 50672 Cologne, District Court Cologne HRB 95366
Managing Board: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks, Michael Knapstein, Stephan Martin
Chairman of the Board: Richard Seibt
Open-Xchange GmbH, Olper Huette 5f, D-57462 Olpe, Germany, District Court Siegen, HRB 8718
Managing Director: Frank Hoberg
Open-Xchange. Inc., 530 Lytton Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301, USA
More information about the appsuite-announce