[coi] Facebook "censoring" COI URL?

Jan Hilberath jan.hilberath at open-xchange.com
Thu Mar 7 05:34:45 CET 2019

Off topic and not dev related, but I think it's still worth
mentining here. (I'd also  like to hear if others are in the same
situation.)

I tried to answer a friend's Facebook post with a message
including the URL https://coi.me/.

It failed several times, until I made the URL look like this:

> hxxps:[doubleslash]coi.me

The error message I got is just "unable to post comment", but
it was definitively related to the URL. (Tried several other
incarnations before finally taking a screen shot.)

And for your reference, the link my friend posted is this:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/zuckerberg-facebook-messenger-whatsapp-instagram-news-a8811126.html

> Facebook users will be able to send messages between
> messengers, Instagram and WhatsApp, Zuckerberg announces

Cheers, and let's get COI going!