[hosting-newsletter-en] Open-Xchange Hosting Newsletter - November 2008

Newsletter OX Hosted Edition EN hosting-newsletter-en at open-xchange.com
Thu Nov 13 15:48:19 CET 2008

Dear Friends and Partners of Open-Xchange,

Welcome to the Open-Xchange Hosting Newsletter. This month´s news at a
glance.

1. Open-Xchange Closes Venture Funding of $9 Million

*2. Performance Detection for Open-Xchange Server*

1. Open-Xchange Closes Venture Funding of $9 Million

Open-Xchange Inc., the leading provider of open source collaboration
software, has closed a Series B round of venture funding totaling $9
million. The company will use the funds to further develop its software
and continue expanding its business in the U.S., Europe and emerging
markets.

The round was led by eCAPITAL entrepreneurial Partners AG, a Munster,
Germany-based, high-growth IT (Information Technology) equity firm. Also
participating are Munich-based, BayBG, and existing Munich-based
investor, BayTech Venture Capital. Frank Hoelzle, managing partner at
eCAPITAL, will join the Open-Xchange board of directors. Go here
<_http://www.open-xchange.com/en/node/633_> to see the entire news release.

2. Performance Detection of JSON API using JMeter

Open-Xchange offers comprehensive scalability and makes efficient use of
hardware ressources. Our partner Hostpoint needs only four servers to
serve almost 300,000 Open-Xchange users. Now, we make a tool available
to measure the performance of Open-Xchange in our own IT environment.
JMeter detects the performance oc the JSON API of Open-Xchange Server 6.
The JSON API is used by the Open-Xchange Web UI to communicate with the
Open-Xchange Server backend. For more information, please visit
http://www.open-xchange.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2922

We look forward to answer your questions and support your evaluation.

Best regards

Hubert Schweinesbein

Open-Xchange Hosting Team

mailto: hosting at open-xchange.com