[hosting-newsletter-en] Open-Xchange Hosting Newsletter - July 2009

Newsletter OX Hosted Edition EN hosting-newsletter-en at open-xchange.com
Thu Jun 25 12:40:43 CEST 2009

Dear Friends and Partners of Open-Xchange,

Welcome to the Open-Xchange Hosting Newsletter. This month´s news at a
glance.

1. Open-Xchange Preview
2. Open-Xchange supports Internet Explorer 8, discontinues support for
Internet Explorer 6
3. Open-Xchange at HostingCon, Washington DC

1. Open-Xchange Preview
Open-Xchange gives you access to the latest developer version at
http://ox.io and shows you in advance all the new features you can
expect with the next software release. These are the highlights of
Open-Xchange 6.10, which is planned to be released at the end
of July 2009:

* Open-Xchange overcomes the barriers between the variety of
desktop and web applications, where we store and handle our
multiple addresses, appointments, tasks and documents. This
preview enables the integration of private webmail accounts
(from Google, Yahoo, etc.) into a separate folder in Open-Xchange.

* Contact details from your "social networks" such as Facebook or
LinkedIn will be added automatically to your Open-Xchange address
book. Thus, you will always have easy access to the latest contact
information within your personal network.

* Social Open-Xchange also means that users without an Open-Xchange
account can benefit from Open-Xchange, as well. For example, with
Open-Xchange there is no need to send large documents as an
attachment via e-mail. Open-Xchange users can give users *OUTSIDE*
their company access to their Open-Xchange data in a controlled way -
without sending the information via e-mail.

Take a look at what will be possible tomorrow, and get your personal
accout at http://ox.io

2. Open-Xchange supports Internet Explorer 8, discontinues support for
Internet Explorer 6

Open-Xchange has added support for the latest Microsoft Internet
Explorer 8. At the same time, we will discontinue our support of the
outdated Internet Explorer 6, though we will continue to fix bugs in
the category "blockers" and "critical" for Internet Explorer 6 until
April 30, 2010. Starting with the next major release, version 6.10,
new features of Open-Xchange Server will only be optimized for Internet
Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8 -- as well as other browsers, like
Firefox and Safari. As users of Internet Explorer 6 will not benefit
from new features in Open-Xchange, please encourage your
customers to update to the latest browser technology.

3. Open-Xchange at HostingCon, Washington DC
Join us at HostingCon 2009, the premier conference and trade show for
the hosted services industry. The best and brightest from the industry
will be in attendance to learn about the latest news, ideas and
technology affecting their businesses. HostingCon is celebrating its
Fifth Anniversary with a projected attendance of over 2,000 Internet
professionals from over 30 countries. Sessions include
"Increasing Communication Drives Cloud Computing"
by Rafael Laguna, CEO Open-Xchange AG.
We're looking forward to meeting you in Washington D.C.!
For more information, please visit www.hostingcon.com/2009/.

We look forward to answer your questions and support your evaluation.
To get the latest information on Open-Xchange, follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/openexchange

Best regards,

Hubert Schweinesbein
Open-Xchange Hosting Team
mailto: hosting at open-xchange.com

Open-Xchange AG,  Maxfeldstr. 9, 90409 Nürnberg, Amtsgericht Nürnberg
HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt

European Office: Open-Xchange GmbH, Martinstr. 41, D-57462 Olpe, Germany
Amtsgericht Siegen, HRB 8718, Geschäftsführer: Frank Hoberg, Martin Kauss

US Office: Open-Xchange, Inc., 303 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York 10591
-----   www.open-xchange.com   -----