[oxhe-announce] Beta Test of Open-Xchange OXtender for Mobility

Open-Xchange Hosting Edition Maintenance Announcements oxhe-announce at open-xchange.com
Tue Mar 24 15:31:57 CET 2009

Dear Open-Xchange Partner,

In cooperation with mobility expert O3SIS, Open-Xchange is developing an
over-the-air data synchronization and push e-mail solution for the
Open-Xchange 6 Server family. Right now, "OXtender for Mobility (powered
by O3SIS)" has been tested internally by the Open-Xchange development
team. Soon, we will invite you to participate in a beta program, before
we make the software generally available.

Start for Beta Test of Open-Xchange Partners is March 23, 2009

Depending on the quality and quantity of your feedback, the general
release of the final OXtender for Mobility software is planned about six
weeks after the beginning of the beta test period. The recommended end
user price for OXtender for Mobility will be EUR 9,48 plus VAT.
Government authorities are eligible for a 25% discount, academic
institution get a 40% discount. This ensures that we provide our joint
customers with a high level of flexibility and investment security with
unmatched low cost. Before the general availability of OXtender for
Mobility, Open-Xchange will provide you with marketing materials and
offer you an online webcast to introduce the new product.

Key benefits for end customers:

 - Automatic synchronization of calendar and contacts based on SyncML

 - Push-Email (“Blackberry feeling”)

 - Advanced configuration options for synchronization process and conflict resolution

 - Scheduled, or event-triggered synchronization

 - Works Over-The-Air (OTA) via GPRS, UMTS or WLAN

 - OTA provisioning (automatic configuration of your device per SMS)

 - First release supports more than 300 mobile devices including
   WinMobile, Symbian, Blackberry. Support of iPhone is planned with the
   second release in Q3, 2009.

OXtender for Mobility provides end users (without technical skills) with
access to e-mail, address and calendar services,  anywhere, anytime, at
a reasonable cost. Feel free to contact us for additional information.
We look forward to your feedback and comments.

Please send the following information to mailto:partner at open-xchange.com
to join this Beta Test:

   1. WAN IP address of the OX debian installation:
   2. The DNS entry of the WAN IP address:
   3. Your Company Name:
   4. Name of the contact person:
   5. eMail address the contact person:
   6. Telephone number of contact person:

Important! We need your feedback by Thursday, March 26. These information are
required to generate licenses and accounts for the SMS, and mobility provider.

Requirements to join the Beta Test:

 - A plain vanilla debian etch machine with Open-Xchange installed
 - The Debian installation must be accessed from external through IP and DNS

A detailed setup information, and details where to download and install the beta
for the Open-Xchange OXTender for Mobility powered by O3SIS will be send to you
with the license information.

Best regards,

Your Open-Xchange Team!