[oxhe-announce] Open-Xchange releases OX App Suite v7.8.0, OX 6 v6.22.10 and OX Documents v7.8.0
Open-Xchange Hosting Edition Maintenance Announcements
oxhe-announce at open-xchange.com
Wed Oct 7 16:13:11 CEST 2015
Dear Customers and Partners of Open-Xchange,
Open-Xchange is pleased to announce the release of OX App Suite v7.8.0, OX 6 v6.22.10 and OX Documents v7.8.0.
The main focus for this release is an improved web frontend design and usability enhancements for all applications. With OX App Suite v7.8.0 and OX Documents v7.8.0, Open-Xchange has made significant improvements to the overall design concept, improving navigation and helping users maximize the benefits of the App Suite interface.
- Sharing, Guest mode and Publication Concept
OX App Suite v7.8.0 introduces a new way to collaborate and share content with both internal and external users. This new feature replaces and greatly improves on the previous publication & subscription mechanism. OX App Suite users can now work together with external users with a new “guest mode”. This gives external users access to a limited OX App Suite user interface in order to work/collaborate on content such as folders, files (read & write), contacts (read), task (read) and appointments (read).
- OX Drive - New Look & Feel
The OX Drive web frontend has also been enhanced. A new content viewer, with enhanced functionality, is now available. This includes folder navigation with breadcrumb and many other enhancements.
- OX Calendar - New Design-Level
OX Calendar has benefitted from many new design and usability updates. The design changes have made the calendar much more readable and easier to use. In addition OX App Suite v7.8.0 introduces multiple “Time Zone” support and the ability to “Colorize” appointments, folders and whole calendars.
- OX Mail - Improved usability for all Situations
OX Mail has also benefitted from many new updates including a new compose dialog. This new dialog, among other features, provides users with the ability to move recipients between the To and Cc fields using drag and drop.
- Upsell, Metrics and Platform Support
In addition to the new, end-user oriented, UI features this version of OX App Suite also comes with many new technical and customer focused enhancements. This includes the next level of upsell, metrics and official support for the latest platforms.
- OX Text - Headers and Footers
Headers and footers are often used in longer documents to keep them organized and make them easier to read. With this release of OX Text it is now possible to edit or create headers and footers.
- OX Spreadsheet - Function Wizard and Conditional Formatting
With this version OX Spreadsheet now provides some new usability features like a function wizard or conditional formatting.
- Present Online
OX Documents introduces a new way to work with existing PowerPoint presentations.
A more detailed overview of all the improvements to OX App Suite, Open-Xchange Server 6 backend and OX Documents can be found at:
- Open-Xchange encourages administrators to regularly update to the latest available release. In order to ensure a stable and up to date environment please note the different supported versions. An overview of the latest supported Major, Minor and Public Patch Releases can be found in the Knowledgebase at:
Important - Please Note
- Open-Xchange will discontinue support for Debian Squeeze (Debian 6) with the release of OX App Suite v7.8.0. We encourage administrators to update to the latest operating system version of Debian. With the latest version OX App Suite the following new platforms are now supported: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 (SLES 12), Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7), Debian 8 and CentOS 7. For details of all supported platforms and databases please refer to the requirements page at:
- Open-Xchange discontinues support for Apple iOS 7 with the release of OX App Suite, v7.8.0. Open-Xchange will now support Apple iOS 9 with this release.
- Open-Xchange will discontinue support for the Random Token login method (sometimes also called Easy Login). Specifically, this means that the "login?action=redirect" call (see http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=HTTP_API#Redirect) will be removed. Furthermore the "com.openexchange.ajax.login.randomToken" setting will be removed from the "login.properties" file, and the "login?action=login" call will never contain the "random" token. We strongly encourage users of the Random Token login method to change their custom login implementations and use one of the supported methods (see here):
- Regarding the integration between OX App Suite and social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and T-Online, we would like to notify you of some API changes which affect this integration. See here for more details:
Shipped packages and versions
- Open-Xchange App Suite Middleware (backend) v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange OX6 Middleware (backend) v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange App Suite frontend v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange OX6 frontend v6.22.10-rev6
- Open-Xchange USM v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange EAS v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange OXUpdater v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Drive Restricted v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documents v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documents frontend v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documents communication v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Calcengine v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Readerengine v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documentconverter v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documentconverter API v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Drive Help v1.4.0
- Open-Xchange OXtender for Microsoft Outlook v7.2.17
- Open-Xchange Updater v6.18.29
- Open-Xchange Notifier v1.0.6
- Open-Xchange Drive for Windows v1.6.4
Complete Release Notes
- Open-Xchange App Suite v7.8.0:
- Open-Xchange Server 6 v6.22.10:
Download and Installation
For details of how to install and update OX App Suite please refer to the instructions given at:
For the Open-Xchange Server 6 update please follow the instructions given at:
Your Open-Xchange Team
Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nürnberg
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt
More information about the oxhe-announce