[oxse-announce] Open-Xchange releases OX v6.22.2
Open-Xchange Server Edition Maintenance Announcements
oxse-announce at open-xchange.com
Tue Mar 12 15:32:07 CET 2013
Dear Customers and Partners of Open-Xchange,
Open-Xchange is pleased to announce the release of Open-Xchange Server v6.22.2. With v6.22.2, Open-Xchange provides the new v7.0.2 Backend for Open-Xchange Server 6 (OX6), the common basis for OX HE (Hosting Edition) and OX SE (Server Edition).
Open-Xchange Server v6.22.2 is the second step (after the release of 6.22) of the transition to the next generation, Open-Xchange OX App Suite.
This update includes new versions of:
- Open-Xchange Server 6, the common basis for OX HE (Hosting Edition) and OX SE (Server Edition)
- OX App Suite - Backend v7.0.2
With the shipment of the new v7.0.2 backend for OX 6 Server Edition and Hosting Edition, it is possible for customers and partners to provide both user interfaces on one backend. This means that users of the OX 6 product line have the choice to use and test the new user interface and the current OX 6 user interface in parallel.
All the information necessary to setup a parallel environment can be found on the Open-Xchange Knowledgebase under:
Open-Xchange has created an announcement list for all information relevant to OX App Suite. Through the mailing list details of all upcoming releases and other relevant information will be provided. After the next OX App Suite major release in April it will be possible to subscribe to the list via the Open-Xchange License Database.
In the meantime it is possible to subscribe for appsuite-announce at open-xchange.com at the following page: https://lists.open-xchange.com/mailman/listinfo/appsuite-announce
This release provides improvements to the user interface and bug fixes. A detailed description of all new features can be found at http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/doc/Feature_Overview_OX6_6_22_2.pdf
- Please also review the backend-related sections of the Release notes of 7.0.0 and 7.0.1. All changes mentioned there are also included in this release.
- With 6.22.2 the old way of dealing with the sessions will be replaced by Hazelcast. That means that JCS (Java Caching System) will only be used internally and is no longer responsible for the cluster communication. The whole cluster communication in 6.22.2 will be done through Hazelcast, which will also introduce a common shared session store so that users can login to any OX node in a cluster.
Please note that even in case of an update it is important to configure the new settings as required as this will not be done automatically. The configuration of the new system is described in http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=AppSuite:Running_a_cluster
- Open-Xchange will provide a new push solution (push-ms) for the notification of Open-Xchange machines in a network with Open-Xchange v6.22.2. The new solution will be available together with the current push-udp package. Open-Xchange will discontinue support for the current push-udp with OX App Suite v7.2, planned in April 2013. This means that at this time the functionality described on http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=UDPPush will no longer be available.
- With v6.22.2, Open-Xchange provides a new LDAP Contact Storage Integration Bundle. The new solution is available together with the current LDAP bundle. Open-Xchange will then discontinue support for the current bundle with OX App Suite v7.2.1, planned in May 2013. Further configuration information is available at the Open-Xchange Knowledgebase under: http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=ContactStorageLDAP
- With Open-Xchange v6.22.2 and Connector for Microsoft Outlook v7.0.62, the Connector has been tested and optimized for Microsoft Outlook 2013.
Shipped packages and versions:
- Open-Xchange Server 6 v6.22.2 Rev 6 frontend (built 2013-03-12)
- Open-Xchange App Suite v7.0.2 Rev 6 backend (built 2013-03-12)
Complete Release Notes: http://software.open-xchange.com/OX6/6.22/doc/Release-Notes-v6.22.2.pdf
For update and Installation of Open-Xchange to v6.22.2 please follow the instructions given at: http://oxpedia.org/wiki/index.php?title=UpdatingOXPackages#Updating_Open-Xchange_Server_Packages_6.22.x to install the updates.
Your Open-Xchange Team
Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nürnberg
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt
More information about the oxse-announce