[oxse-announce] Pre Launch Information - Open-Xchange to release OX Mail
Open-Xchange Server Edition Maintenance Announcements
oxse-announce at open-xchange.com
Tue Jul 14 16:58:17 CEST 2015
Dear Customers and Partners of Open-Xchange,
Open-Xchange is pleased to announce a new native mobile phone app - OX Mail.
Designed specifically for smartphones, the app lets users access their email quickly and easily while on the move.
- Supports email PUSH notification – emails show up immediately on the device
- Quick and easy to set up with the start-up wizard
- Intuitive, simple to use, design
- Familiar smartphone experience
- Available for both iOS and Android – download app from App Store for free
- Low support requirements
Become a launch-partner for OX Mail
Are you interested in becoming an OX Mail launch partner?
If you would like to try out the OX Mail app, or participate in our launch partner program, please contact your Open-Xchange Sales rep.
In order to participate you will need to provide specific information such as:
- Confirmation that you are running OX App Suite 7.6.2 including the latest patch.
- A full URL where your OX App Suite service can be reached by a web client.
- Two test accounts on your OX App Suite service where we can verify that the OX App Suite system works as expected.
- A “logo” and “name” of your service. This information will be used in the app itself.
- A preferred color (CI color) that Open-Xchange will use for the app if a user chooses their service from the provider list.
Adding Branding Elements to the App
With OX Mail it is also possible for customers and partners to add branding elements to the app.
During the installation of the app a user is presented with a list of preconfigured providers. When a provider is selected the app is automatically setup and branded for that provider.
For both design reasons, as well as app store restrictions, branding in this context means:
- The app design is “Super Flat”. This means there are not many elements that can be, or need to be, styled in order to match a particular brand
- The app does not contain or use any logos of any sort
- At install time the app uses a startup wizard in combination with a hosted configuration service. The wizard gives the end user the option to select a provider from a list. When this is done the app will retrieve the branding information from the configuration service, and change its theme accordingly
Pricing and Availability
OX Mail will be available in August 2015.
This email app is available for both iOS and Android and can be downloaded for free from the corresponding App Stores.
Availability will be confirmed by Open-Xchange via the usual communication channels.
Please note: The exact date when the clients become available depends on the approval process of the respective app stores.
The Open-Xchange Middleware components can be downloaded from the respective download repositories as usual.
Please contact Open-Xchange Sales for further information and pricing details.
A more detailed overview of OX Mail can be found at:
For further details of the branding concept, PUSH functionalities, other requirements and instructions for installing and updating OX Mail, please refer to the documentation provided at:
Your Open-Xchange Team
Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nürnberg
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt
More information about the oxse-announce