[oxse-announce] Open-Xchange releases OX App Suite v7.8.0, OX Documents v7.8.0, OX SE v6.22.10 and OX Guard v2.2.0 for Univention Corporate Server v4.0
Open-Xchange Server Edition Maintenance Announcements
oxse-announce at open-xchange.com
Tue Nov 10 11:33:41 CET 2015
Dear Customers and Partners of Open-Xchange,
Open-Xchange is pleased to announce the release of OX App Suite v7.8.0, OX Documents v7.8.0, OX SE v6.22.10 and OX Guard v2.2.0 for Univention Corporate Server v4.0.
The main focus for this release is an improved web frontend design and usability enhancements for all applications. With OX App Suite v7.8.0 and OX Documents v7.8.0, Open-Xchange has made significant improvements to the overall design concept, improving navigation and helping users maximize the benefits of the App Suite interface.
- Sharing, Guest mode and Publication Concept
OX App Suite v7.8.0 introduces a new way to collaborate and share content with both internal and external users. This new feature replaces and greatly improves on the previous publication & subscription mechanism. OX App Suite users can now work together with external users with a new “guest mode”. This gives external users access to a limited OX App Suite user interface in order to work/collaborate on content such as folders, files (read & write), contacts (read), task (read) and appointments (read).
- OX Drive - New Look & Feel
The OX Drive web frontend has also been enhanced. A new content viewer, with enhanced functionality, is now available. This includes folder navigation with breadcrumb and many other enhancements.
- OX Calendar - New Design-Level
OX Calendar has benefitted from many new design and usability updates. The design changes have made the calendar much more readable and easier to use. In addition OX App Suite v7.8.0 introduces multiple “Time Zone” support and the ability to “Colorize” appointments, folders and whole calendars.
- OX Mail - Improved usability for all Situations
OX Mail has also benefitted from many new updates including a new compose dialog. This new dialog, among other features, provides users with the ability to move recipients between the To and Cc fields using drag and drop.
- OX Text - Headers and Footers
Headers and footers are often used in longer documents to keep them organized and make them easier to read. With this release of OX Text it is now possible to edit or create headers and footers.
- OX Spreadsheet - Function Wizard and Conditional Formatting
With this version OX Spreadsheet now provides some new usability features like a function wizard or conditional formatting.
- Present Online
OX Documents introduces a new way to work with existing PowerPoint presentations.
A more detailed overview of all the improvements to OX App Suite, Open-Xchange Server 6 backend and OX Documents can be found at:
Additionally, Open-Xchange is pleased to announce the release of OX Guard v2.2.0.
OX App Suite v7.8.0 bring with it a new OX Mail web frontend. This includes changes to the mail compose dialog and general behavior within the app. Due to new design changes implemented in OX App Suite v7.8.0, OX Guard has now been brought inline with this new compose window. This means the repositioning of the ‘Lock’ icon and the addition of a new dropdown link called “Security”.
In addition to these changes OX Guard v2.2.0 comes complete with a guided tour that can be triggered from within the OX Mail and OX Drive apps. It is also available from the user settings within OX Guard.
A more detailed overview of OX Guard v2.2.0 can be found here:
Important - Please Note
- OX App Suite v7.8.0 and OX Documents v7.8.0 isn't officially supported for Univention Corporate Server 3.x.
- Open-Xchange discontinues support for Apple iOS 7 with the release of OX App Suite, v7.8.0. Open-Xchange will now support Apple iOS 9 with this release.
- Regarding the integration between OX App Suite and social networks like LinkedIn, Facebook and T-Online, we would like to notify you of some API changes which affect this integration. See here for more details:
Shipped packages and versions:
- Open-Xchange App Suite Middleware (backend) v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange OX6 Middleware (backend) v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange App Suite frontend v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange OX6 frontend v6.22.10-rev6
- Open-Xchange USM v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange EAS v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange OXUpdater v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Drive Restricted v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documents v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documents frontend v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documents communication v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Calcengine v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Readerengine v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documentconverter v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Documentconverter API v7.8.0-rev6
- Open-Xchange Drive Help v1.4.0
- Open-Xchange OXtender for Microsoft Outlook v7.2.17
- Open-Xchange Updater v6.18.29
- Open-Xchange Notifier v1.0.6
- Open-Xchange Drive for Windows v1.6.4
- Open-Xchange Guard v2.2.0-rev6
Complete Release Notes
- Open-Xchange App Suite v7.8.0:
- Open-Xchange Server 6 v6.22.10:
- OX Guard v2.2.0
All updates for OX SE / App Suite for UCS will be available in the Univention App Center. Please check the UMC module App Center for updates of the application Open-Xchange Server Edition / OX App Suite. Please reboot the complete system after the update.
Your Open-Xchange Team
Open-Xchange AG, Rollnerstr. 14, 90408 Nürnberg
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera, Carsten Dirks
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt
More information about the oxse-announce