[oxhe-announce] Open-Xchange releases Active Sync based OXtender for Business Mobility
Open-Xchange Hosting Edition Maintenance Announcements
oxhe-announce at open-xchange.com
Thu Sep 24 22:53:22 CEST 2009
Dear Customers of Open-Xchange,
With availability of the new Open-Xchange OXtender for Business Mobility, now users can receive push e-mail and synchronization of contacts, calendar and other information from their Open-Xchange account to their smartphones, including the iPhone and Blackberries, as well as Android, Windows Mobile and Nokia phones and many others.
Open-Xchange selected the Microsoft Active Sync protocol for synchronization due to the wide range of supported handhelds and smartphones. This ensures that any Active Sync client on a mobile device can set up and start using mobile e-mail and PIM (personal information manager) functions without complex configuration. In addition, software clients for almost all other platforms including Symbian-based devices, Blackberry or Google Android are available.
Features and benefits of OXtender for Business Mobility include:
- Users' personal communication data always synchronized with Open-Xchange and manageable anywhere via mobile phone
- All-inclusive device coverage (including iPhone or Windows Mobile devices Version 6.x)
- Blackberry (PIM) and Android clients for Exchange Active Sync available
- End-to-end encrypted e-mail and PIM data push
- End-to-end encrypted over-the-air synchronization of personal contacts, calendar and tasks based on the ActiveSync protocol
- End-to-end encrypted over-the-air synchronization of the global address book based on the ActiveSync protocol
- Real push email and PIM without requiring Microsoft Exchange
- Real push on Blackberry without requiring expensive BES Server licences
- Transparent account management direct on mobile device
- Single-Sign-On (SSO) management
Pricing and availability:
OXtender for Business Mobility is available for Open-Xchange Server Edition and Open-Xchange Appliance Edition via Open-Xchange and its partners. License and software subscription for 25 users including updates, patches and security fixes is $355 / 237 EUR per year. Additional users cost $14.22 / 9,48 in the first year. Software subscription for the following years is 25 percent of the cost for the first year. SaaS providers using Open-Xchange Hosting Edition can provide OXtender for Business Mobility to their end customers, as well.
For more information, please visit http://www.open-xchange.com/en/mobility-solutions-en.
Your Open-Xchange Team
Open-Xchange AG, Maxfeldstr. 9, 90409 Nürnberg
info at open-xchange.com [mailto:info at open-xchange.com]
Amtsgericht Nürnberg HRB 24738
Vorstand: Rafael Laguna de la Vera,
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Richard Seibt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the oxhe-announce